Friday, October 02, 2009

Nobel Prize in Physics - It's Time For The Women!

Since people are making predictions left and right on who would win this year's Nobel Prize in Physics, I'm going to make my own plug. It's not a prediction, because I am making the choices based on preference, and not based on who I think has the highest probability of winning.

I have mentioned this before earlier, that I believe there are at least 2 women who should be candidates each year for the Nobel Prize. And considering that I don't remember a woman winning one in my lifetime, such a win would be a major news coverage. I truly believe both Deborah Jin of JILA and Lene Hau of Harvard are strong candidates and deserve to win. They have made more than just one important discovery for each of them.

Zz.

No comments: